Visa to Italy
If you need a visa for Italy, you will be provided with all the information and forms needed to submit your application on this website.
Visa applications take time. Participants requiring a visa are recommended to apply at least 3 months prior to their planned departure to Italy.
If you do require a visa for your entry to Italy, the conference office will issue letters of invitation after notification of acceptance to present at the conference and payment of the registration fee (see Important Dates).
For security reasons, letters of invitation can only be sent to bona fide individuals who have registered and paid for the conference.
You will be asked to indicate:
- Your full name (first name, middle initial, family name)
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Passport copy
- ID number of your abstract (if applicable)
- ID number of your registration (for authors and attendees)
- City of the Italian embassy in your country of residence
You will also be required to provide the following:
- Proof of university registration during the year 2023 for those registered as students among the participants.
- Official authorization (signed and stamped letter) from the department, college, research center or university to attend EMCEI-23 for academic participants.
- Official authorization (signed and stamped letter) from the employing institution to attend EMCEI-23 for professional or industrial participants.
In the list of supporting documents for Schengen Visa Application is Proof of Accommodation as well as Flight Reservation. The Embassy/Consulate of Italy in your country of residence has to see if you have an agreed or prearranged place to stay for the duration of your visit to Italy. Other documents, such as an invitation letter from an Italian host (institution), proof you have the financial means for a trip to Italy or a round-trip ticket, may be required from you. For more information in this regard, contact the local consular services of Italy in your country of residence.